(Major kudos to ANYONE who figures out where I got that pun... I'll give you a hint: a science fiction writer of a very amusing series)
May I please collapse now?
I have just proven that - assuming a defrosted turkey - I could put together a Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner for 20 in 10, perhaps 8, hours....!
- Woke up, did the whole morning rigmarole, had devotions with Munchkin, made coffee, dropped her off at school.
- Continued south, parked at work, did Bible study prep for Sunday (I'm teaching), picked up training materials, drove to WalMart and got groceries &C.
- On the way home, picked up specialty allergy-free cat food at vet and dry cleaning.
- Got home, brought everything in (including 2 case-and-a-hal'fs of bottled water and 40lbs of dog kibble), put everything away.
- Made sausage gravy for breakfast tomorrow, put together a Crockpot stew (still cooking - smells AWESOME!), cleaned out pantry, straightened up kitchen eating area.
- Put a load of laundry in, made some hard boiled eggs, cleaned kitchen some more, scanned RSS feeds, checked FBook and email.
- Switched laundry to dryer, started second load, made meringue bones for cupcakes, tried to make homemade mayo but used rancid oil (YUCK!) so have to make another batch, made more tahini sauce.
- Tweaked seasonings and liquid on Crockpot stew, made Chocolate Chiffon Cupcakes, scrubbed down kitchen counter, hand washed dirty-but-not-in-the-dishwasher dishes, put second load of laundry in dryer.
- Cupcakes out of the oven, bed - finally! - made, fed dog, put-dog-out-brought-her-in-the-wuss!, and currently updating blog.
If I'd had everything here in the house, I definitely could have done a holiday dinner... Of course, my feet are KILLING me, and I still want to go out and get some lemons so I can try the mayo recipe again (with NON-rancid oil!).
But it's been a fun day in the kitchen and house - and now I've got to get all the linens out and beds made for the in-laws who are arriving tonight!!
(Y'all notice I made no mention whatsoever of vacuuming and scrubbing toilets, right? That's for the Munchkin to help out with when she gets home!!!! LOL!)
*collapses with some bonbons and a glass of wine*